Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Have You Declared Your Independence?

No, not from England and watching the Royal Wedding?

We are talking about Craft Beer and independence from bland mass produced rice laced lagers. Help celebrate Craft Beer Week, May 16-22, 2011, and sign the pledge:

I declare that these are historic times for beer, with today’s beer lover having inalienable rights, among these life, liberty, and the pursuit of hops and malt fermented from the finest of U.S. small and independent craft brewers with more than 1,600 of them brewing today, and,

the beer I choose to enjoy is not a commodity, but more importantly an artistic creation of
living liquid history made from passionate innovators. The beer I drink furthers our culture and
teaches us geography and helps to nurture a sense of community, and helps to make the world a
better place, and,

I declare to practice the concept of “Informed Consumption,” seeking and deserving to know if my beer comes from a small and independent brewer or if it is owned by a large brewing company. I want

to know why so many of my local beer brands are not available in many of my favorite restaurants, bars and beer stores, and I encourage beer sellers to offer a wide selection of beer styles and beer brands that includes beer from my local and regional breweries, and,

I declare American craft brewers provide flavorful and diverse American-made beers in more than 100 distinct styles that have made the United States the envy of every beer-drinking nation for the quality and variety of beers brewed. I declare that beer made by American craft brewers helps to reduce dependence on imported products and therefore contributes to balanced trade, and, I declare to champion the message of responsible enjoyment of craft beer, the beverage of moderation,

as the makers of these beers produce libations of substance and soul that are sincere and authentic, and the enjoyment of them is about savoring the gastronomic qualities including flavor, aroma, body and mouthfeel, while practicing responsible appreciation.

I therefore declare to support America’s small and independent craft brewers during American Craft Beer Week, May 16-22, 2011, and beyond…

No comments: