Back to The Other 46 tasting, what wines should you expect? There better be some Viognier from Loudoun County because Texas Viognier will be in the house. Vintage Texas is also expected to pour some Blanc Du Bois, Tempranillo, and Roussanne. From Breaux and Tarara, we also hope to be tasting some Merlot and Long Bomb respectively. The Indiana Wine Grape Council will be pouring plenty of Traminette (that state's signature grape) whereas the Missouri Wine and Grape Board: I would guess Vignoles and Norton. This would be an interesting time to compare Midwestern Norton and native Virginia Norton. Jenni, where are you? Now, Ohio has moved beyond Catawba, but it would be very interesting to sample some sparkling Catawba. Or perhaps some Lemberger or Riesling. We shall see what Southern Wine Trails decides to pour. That leaves Maryland, and the Maryland Wineries Association is still determining which wines to showcase. There's no doubt that its time to unveil the Free State as the next producer of quality vinifera wines - just sample those from Black Ankle Vineyards, or Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard, or some Sangiovese from Fiore Winery. Virginia's northern neighbor is moving closer to the Commonwealth.
For now, that's the latest. Can't believe North Carolina or Pennsylvania or even Michigan or Colorado wines will not be presented. That's a real shame. For any impromptu tastings, we are coming prepared with a few wines from our assorted collection of Other 46 wines. Looking forward to a fun and rewarding weekend. Thanks #wbc11.
- Nassau Valley Vineyards Indian River Red (Delaware)
- Schnebly Redland's Winery Dry Avocado Wine (Florida)
- Keel And Curley Winery Key West Key Lime Wine (Florida)
- Frederick Cellars 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon (Maryland)
- Orchid Cellar Winery Monk Mead (Maryland)
- RagApple Lassie Vineyards Hobson"s Choice (North Carolina)
- Hinnant Family Vineyard 2004 Norton (North Carolina)
- Valhalla Vineyards 2001 Alicante Bouschet (Virginia)
- Corcoran Vineyards 2008 Malbec (Virginia)
- 8 Chains North Winery 2009 Blaufrankish (Virginia)