Sunday, May 4, 2014

Bringing Some Due South Brewing Company UXO American Strong Ale North

During Spring Break this year I took my son to south Florida to visit his relatives and an added benefit to the warm weather is the addition of Due South Brewing Company to the environment. This brewery has been operating for a couple years now and I've mentioned them before. What's changed is that they have started canning their beer, which means, I can bring some home. I chose the UXO American Strong Ale, although I'm regretting not returning with their Category 3 IPA as well. More beer is better than no beer.

The UXO pays homage to the Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Technicians that have served in the US Military and "UXO is a term EOD Techs use meaning unexploded ordnance".  Due South founder and head brewer, Mike Halker, is a former EOD Tech himself and a portion of the proceeds will go to the EOD Warrior Foundation.

The beer is big at 8% ABV with a sweet malty & caramel flavor - this is not your summer lawn mower beer. The malt is balanced with 67 IBUs if hops and I mean balanced because that much hops does not overwhelm the finish - just an easy transition. Nicely done.

1 comment:

carrycash said...

Awesome post! It contains very useful information. Thanks for sharing knowledge.
Cash and carry