Sunday, March 22, 2009

Quattro Goomba's Winery: Pet-Friendly and Fun!

Our family, which is comprised of myself, my husband, and my two mutts, Titan and Sox, went out for our usual "nice day adventure" to a local winery and found ourselves at Quattro Goombas for the first time ever this afternoon. Much to my surprise, Quattro Goombas is very pet friendly; they not only allowed us in the tasting room with our pups, but also served our thirsty monsters water before they served us wine. It's hard to win me over because I am a very tough critic but taking good care of my dogs is always a great start!

My family is from Spain, I have lived and worked in France, and was involved in the restaurant and hospitality industries for many years. I have had the pleasure of tasting fantastic wines from all over the world and Virginia wines don't always measure up, however, Virginia wineries offer tons of fun, beautiful views, and local entertainment that is oftentimes hard to beat.

Quattro Goombas made today's visit more fun that usual because they welcomed our pups with open arms. It's tough for a dog-lover like me to leave my dogs at home while I enjoy a day out in the sun, therefore, finding a winery that allows me to share my love of the outdoors with my mutts is truly exciting.

The staff members at Quattro Goombas approached our dogs with interest and care and made sure that we felt welcome and comfortable from the moment we arrived on their property. Many of the patrons were also open to the prospect of having dogs in their midst. Titan and Sox got loads of attention and love as well as bits of cheese and crackers, which they usually wouldn't get at home. All in all, my husband and I had a wonderful time getting to know other Northern Virginians and watching our dogs take in the views and treats that Quattro Goombas threw their way!

Quattro Goombas is definitely at the top of my list for pet-friendly wineries in Northern Virginia; I'm pretty sure Titan and Sox would agree!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable you would bring not one, but two dogs into a tasting room! Learn some class.

Todd M. Godbout said...

It's not a question of class. Many wineries, such as Quattro Goomba and Barrel Oak Winery, actively encourage visitors to bring their dogs and to bring them into the tasting room. Some wineries do not. The classy thing to do is learn the policy of each winery and bring your dogs accordingly - and not to throw out insults.

pet friendly said...

Enjoyed reading post on your blog.!

pet friendly said...

Great article....!!!Nice to know about new things with helping concept.